Troubleshooting the Slave Serial Configuration
If configuration fails, the two main error messages that you may encounter are:
The first common error message is:
DONE pin did not go low. Please check cable connection. Programming terminated due to error.
The first step in programming through Slave Serial is that PROG is pulsed low, which erases the device and forces DONE to go low. If the above error message appears, it is likely that the PROG or DONE pin of the cable is not properly connected to the device.
The second common error message is:
DONE pin did not go high. Programming terminated due to error.
The above error message can occur for many reasons. Below are some of the common causes:
- The Mode pins on the device are not set to Slave Serial
- DIN, INIT, or CCLK are not connected
- Noise is corrupting CCLK or DIN signals
- The hardware is not set up properly
- The wrong configuration file was used or the PROM file does not have the BIT files concatenated in the correct order
Copyright © 2008, Xilinx® Inc.
All rights reserved.