SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) will present and showcase how it is democratizing Smarter Systems with ARM at ARM® TechCon 2013. Through a series of demonstrations and presentations, Xilinx will highlight innovative customer and ecosystem products that utilize the Zynq® All Programmable SoC. The Zynq-7000 architecture melds a dual-core ARM® Cortex®-A9 MPCore™ processing system with Xilinx 28nm programmable logic to create a device family that is hardware, software and I/O programmable. Xilinx's continued collaboration with ARM is integral to the rapid design and implementation of smarter systems in a very broad set of applications, including smarter networks, vision based systems, factories, energy, and data centers.
Xilinx is also expanding the number and types of designers who can leverage ARM based silicon with its Vivado® Design Suite C and IP based design abstractions and a broad portfolio of SmartCORE™ IP from Xilinx and its ecosystem. In addition, Mathworks and National Instruments have recently announced automated design flows from their model and platform based design environments to the ARM based Zynq-7000 devices. Learn more about how Xilinx and ARM are democratizing Smarter Systems by visiting Xilinx at Booth #515 at ARM TechCon, October 30 - 31, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #515
- Eye Tracking System for Hands-free Operation – Courtesy of EyeTech Digital Systems
Demonstration will showcase a new way of controlling your computer cursor with just the movements of your eye. This innovative, award winning system leverages the tight integration of the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC to deliver the high performance video processing and analytics required by a smarter vision system in low power, small form factor package.
- netSeries Video Surveillance Camera – Courtesy of Innovative Security Design
Demonstration will showcase the use of the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC for advanced image processing and management at "the edge" combined with hardware accelerated analytics reduces system processing time.
- Ultra HDTV Image Processing on Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC– Courtesy of OmniTek
Demonstration will show how the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC-based solution developed by OmniTek delivers Ultra HDTV (4K) conversion in addition to 12GBps Video Signal Analysis and Image Generation.
- Implement Real-time Computer Vision Algorithms Into Designs Using the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC
Demonstration will showcase rapid acceleration and integration of real-time computer vision algorithms with the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC using the Vivado HLS Video Libraries and the Vivado IP Integrator.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 11:30 am – 12:20 pm, Grand Ballroom E
Partitioning Methodologies on Dual Cortex A9 Programmable SoCs
- This session compares techniques, approaches, and key areas of consideration to optimize partitioning in an All Programmable SoC design. Attendees will hear a comparison of acceleration approaches using standard open source C and C++ algorithms implemented in hardware to speed overall system performance.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 10:30 am – 11:15 am, Expo Theater
All Programmable Solutions for Today and Tomorrow's Smarter Systems
- Xilinx, ARM and National Instruments will present the impact to embedded system applications that ARM and Xilinx technologies have made to a wide range of National Instruments solutions including current customer examples from commercial to academia.
Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm, Expo Theater
Xilinx Customer Product Tear Down
- Patrick Mannion, Vice President of UBM, will moderate two product teardowns featuring the Eye Tracking System for Hands-Free Operation from EyeTech Digital Systems and the netSeries Video Surveillance Camera from ISD.
Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 3:30 pm – 4:20 pm, Grand Ballroom C
Accelerating Embedded System Design on Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs with MathWorks Model Based Design Flow
- This presentation will provide an overview of the new MathWorks Guided Workflow for Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC that uses a MathWorks Embedded Coder to target the device's dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore Processing System and HDL Coder with System Generator to target the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
Twelve Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase Xilinx-based technology demonstrations in their ARM TechCon booths including:
- Aldec – Booth #702
- DINI Group – Booth #1110
- Express Logic – Booth #412
- Green Hills Software – Booth #512
- Imperas Software – Booth #520
- Lauterbach – Booth #1105
- Mentor Graphics – Booth #201
- MontaVista Software – Booth #316
- OneSpin Solutions – Booth #809
- PLDA – Booth #320
- SYSGO AG – Booth #420
- Synopsys – Booth #612
About Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems
Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems focus on providing hardware IP targeting All Programmable logic and software IP developed for high performance ARM processors and system-level expertise to help the rapid design and implementation of smarter systems. The SmartCORE IP portfolio, developed by both by Xilinx and its ecosystem, can be integrated via the Vivado IPI (IP Integrator). Additionally, new IP can be generated from: C, C++ or SystemC with Vivado HLS (high-level synthesis), and now includes industry standard OpenCV libraries, which are supported by popular operating systems and software development environments. A wide range of design kits further accelerate design productivity for smarter systems design.
Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems leverage Xilinx FPGAs, 3D ICs and Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs. Xilinx All Programmable SoCs are considered the ideal platform for designers to quickly deliver highly integrated solutions across a wide range of system-design problems in all markets, and across the entire application spectrum. To learn more about Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems visit: http://www.xilinx.com/applications/smarter-systems/index.htm
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2013 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM in the EU and other countries, MPCore is a trademark of ARM in the EU and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.