SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and its ecosystem will showcase All Programmable smarter solutions for professional broadcast systems. Demonstrations include UltraHD video solutions, Real Time Video Engine (RTVE), SMPTE 2022 video over IP, the Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC Video Development Kit, and several demonstrations from multiple Xilinx® Alliance Program members.
Technical Paper Presentations
Visit the IBC 'Future Zone' area and hear 'poster' presentations from Xilinx and Alliance Program members:
- "Fully Scalable and Configurable Video Processing," Bob Feng, system architect for Xilinx Broadcast and Roger Fawcett, managing director of OmniTek.
Location: Future Zone Ref #338
- "Hybrid Architectures for H.265 Digital Video Encoding," presented by Bob Feng and Raul Diaz, president of Vanguard Video.
Location: Future Zone Ref #339
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
Several Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase the following Xilinx-based technology demonstrations in their booths:
OmniTek – Stand 6.A18
- Real-Time Video Engine (RTVE) 3.0 for 4K Video Processing: This demonstration showcases Certified Alliance Member OmniTek's 4K Scalable Video Processor IP core - OSVP v2.0 available for Xilinx FPGAs and All Programmable SoCs.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC-based Video Development Kit – OmniTek will also demonstrate their Scalable Video Processor IP core OSVP v1.0 in a Xilinx video reference design.
Barco Silex – Stand 10.D31b
- SMPTE 2022 Video over IP for uncompressed streams on 10Gbps networks or JPEG2000 compressed streams on 1Gbps networks: Demonstration highlights Certified Alliance Member Barco Silex's Multi-channel video over IP with JPEG2000, MPEG-TS, and SMPTE2022 -1/-2 and -5/-6 running on Zynq-7000 All Programmable SOC.
Vanguard Video – Meeting Space 13.MS32
- HEVC Compression for 4K and Mobile TV Content: Demonstration showcases Alliance Member Vanguard's hardware implementation of its H.265/HEVC encoder running on a Xilinx Kintex®-7 FPGA.
intoPIX – Stand 10.D31g
- SMPTE 2022 JPEG2000 Video over IP Reference Design on Xilinx KC705 Board – Certified Alliance Member intoPIX shows its JPEG 2000 Ultra Low Latency codecs (less than 5ms for HD60p) within a new SMPTE 2022 reference design.
- UltraHD 4K/8K JPEG 2000 Codecs for Higher Frame Rates and Higher Resolutions – intoPIX will also present the ULTRA HD family: a new range of visually lossless JPEG 2000 encoder and decoder cores supporting 4K 60fps or 8K 60fps in a single Xilinx FPGA.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Zynq, Vivado and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.