SAN JOSE, Calif., March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) will highlight 400G OTN solutions for Smarter Networks at OFC 2014. Through a series of demonstrations and presentations Xilinx will showcase how its All Programmable devices and highly optimized SmartCORE™ IP portfolio provide the fastest time to differentiation for wired network applications. Leveraging 7 series devices, the now shipping UltraScale™ family, and the Vivado® Design Suite, Xilinx's highly compact OTN solutions enable customers to design and deliver more efficient communications systems. To learn more about Xilinx's industry-leading wired communication solutions, visit Xilinx at OFC Booth #3245, March 11-13, at Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #3245
- 16.3Gb/s transceiver backplane demo featuring New Kintex UltraScale FPGA
This demonstration highlights the Kintex® UltraScale™ device with 16.3 Gb/s backplane performance capability. This solution features the industry's lowest transmit jitter, auto-adapting equalization for easy bring-up and error free operation over 26dB of backplane trace.
- 4x 100G OTN Transponder on a single Virtex-7 FPGA
This demonstration showcases the world's first 400G capacity OTN transponder single-chip solution and features compact and cost-effective OTN SmartCORE IP enabling customers to build smarter OTN solutions that address their market needs for 100G and 400G+ line cards.
- 2x 100G OTN Switching on a single Virtex-7 FPGA
This demonstration showcases Xilinx's 100G 1 Stage Mux and OIF compliant 100G SAR SmartCORE IP. Together with the capabilities first available in Virtex®-7 FPGAs, these solutions enable high density single chip switching designs such as the 2x100G MuxMapSAR for Metro OTN and Packet Optical Transport systems (P-OTS).
Xilinx Participation in OIF Components Showcase – Booth #2309
Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) Components Showcase
- Xilinx is showcasing the VC750 (Virtex-7 HT) FPGA to CFP2 evaluation board and UC1250 (Kintex UltraScale) transceiver characterization platform.
Xilinx Panel Presentations
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 3:15 pm – 4:00 pm, Expo Theater III, South Hall
Snapshot on 400GE Standardization
- The IEEE Standards Association created the "400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group" within IEEE 802.3 in July of 2013. This panel will survey topics under discussion in the 400GE study group.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm, Expo Theater III, South Hall
400GE Technology: Research to Development
- Learn how industry leaders Huawei and Xilinx are working together to solve the challenges associated with 400GE network readiness. This presentation will discuss the key technologies in 400GE and how programmable technology is playing a key role to expedite the development and deployment of Huawei's future IP router products in the networking infrastructure.
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase the following Xilinx-based technology demonstrations in their OFC booths:
Xelic – Booth #3172
- Demonstration includes Xilinx-optimized IP solutions for 10 x 10G muxponders and other OTN applications.
MoSys – Booth #3584
- Demonstration highlights bandwidth engine 2 high speed serial memory ICs interfacing with Xilinx FPGAs.
Dini Group – Booth #4472
- Display showcases a broad range of optical networking development platforms based on Xilinx Virtex-7 and Kintex-7 FPGAs.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2014 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.