SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and its expanded ecosystem will showcase the latest 16nm Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC technologies at Embedded World 2016. Conference presentations and demonstrations will highlight how Xilinx is enabling differentiated, smarter, and connected applications that are shaping the future of Embedded Vision and Industrial IoT. Visit the Xilinx Hall 1/1-205 at Embedded World 2016, February 23-25, at the Nuremberg Exhibition Hall in Nuremberg, Germany.
Xilinx Conference Presentations
- ARM SoC Architecture for Next Generation PLCs and Robotics
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 10 – 10:30 a.m., Conference Center East Entrance
- Architecting Cybersecure IoT Systems Using New Programmable SoCs for Multi-layer Security
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 11:30 a.m. – Noon, Conference Center East Entrance
- Heterogeneous Multicore Processing: What Is It and Why Do You Need It?
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 4 – 4:30 p.m., Conference Center East Entrance
- Demystifying 3D Multi-object Recognition Using Programmable SoCs in Smart Camera Applications
- Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 1:30 – 2 p.m., Conference Center East Entrance
- Any Media Over Any Network at the Electronic Displays Conference
- Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 3 – 3:30 p.m., Conference Center East Entrance
Xilinx Demonstrations – Stand 1/1-205
- 4K Video Processing with Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC – This processing system manages a video pipeline in the programmable logic. The integrated programmable logic upscales 1080p video to 4K and applies filters, while hardened blocks in the heterogeneous processing system provides data management and control. Power measurement, and power domain management via the Power Management Framework is also shown in this demonstration.
- ADAS Development Assistant – Presented by Xylon – The Xylon logiADAK is a fully featured development kit for ADAS hardware platform and algorithm developers that are looking to jump-start next-generation ADAS system development. logiADAK includes a complete hardware platform, cameras, cables, reference SoC designs (including driver monitoring) with evaluation IP cores, documentation and calibration application software. Xilinx is the first silicon company to provide an automotive recording infrastructure of up to 6 synchronized video streams with CAN/GPS metadata using Xylon's logiRECORDER IP.
- Eyescan Test with Real-time Analytics – Presented by Eye Tech Digital Systems – This demonstration features a non-invasive eyescan solution for concussion, neurological, and reading assessment with real-time analytics. This solution can provide comprehensive data and analytics that enables medical providers the ability to better understand a patient's brain diseases or student's reading impairments.
- Intelligent Gateway for IIoT – Presented by SoCe, PFP and Topic – This demonstration presents high availability through redundant Ethernet protocol (HSR/PRP) to provide continuous safe operation of networked systems with a local real-time analytics monitoring system operation that includes predictive maintenance. This approach provides ease of expanding network topologies through scalability and flexibility using the latest Programmable SOC technology for multi-sensor processing with Industrial protocol support.
- Machine Vision and Control – Presented by NI – This demonstration is composed of the NI CompactRIO industrial controller based on the Zynq All Programmable SoC with I/O modules connected to a variety of sensors, a motor and a camera. Image acquisition and analysis, as well as motion control and network communications on a single, rugged, HW & SW integrated platform is displayed.
- OpenCV Hardware Acceleration for Machine Vision – This demonstration presents how to develop highly integrated Smart Cameras & high performance Machine Vision systems using only C/C++ and OpenCV libraries. Xilinx's SDSoC Design Environment enables users to access the power of hardware acceleration with Zynq SoC and MPSoC devices.
- PC-Based Classification Training Software – Presented by Xylon and eVS – This demonstration showcases a PC-based software training kit (logiSTK) for the logiHOG/SVM classification engine. Customers can retrain the classification engine to improve performance or recognize a different class of object. The training kit provides the flexibility and capability for users to modify their IP.
- Real-Time Multi-Object Detection – Presented by Xylon and eVS – This demonstration presents real world driving scenario videos where multi-object classification and real-time graphic overlays are generated and displayed on screen. Customers can utilize FPGA fabric parallelism and optimization based on types of classification that they want to implement. This demonstration is supported by a full suite of tools including logiRECORDER and logiSTK.
- Real-Time 3D Multi-Object Recognition for Smart Cameras – Presented by iVeia – This demonstration showcases how smart cameras use new, low power, ultra compact, real-time 3D multi-object spatial recognition and classification capabilities with machine learning facilitating recognition accuracy. Users can perform HD Streaming Image processing with 3D spatial recognition and classification of multiple objects at the point of image capture.
- Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC Powered Robotics – In this demonstration, the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC powers the Robotic Solitaire Player, a robotic arm operating a personal tablet. The system demonstrates optimized heterogeneous processing via the programmable logic and processing system, with the programmable logic handling image processing while the processing system plays the game and provides motion control.
- Software Acceleration via Programmable Logic – This demonstration showcases the value of the integrated programmable logic on the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC. Utilizing the SDSoC Development Environment, users can quickly develop software accelerators in the programmable logic and enable a system performance increase over using the processing system alone. In this audio data processing example, an order of magnitude increase in system performance is achieved through software acceleration, enabling faster and more precise data analysis.
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
This year, over 25 Xilinx Alliance Program members comprised of IP providers, EDA vendors, embedded software providers, system integrators, and hardware suppliers will showcase Xilinx-based technology including:
Alliance Program Premier Members
- OKI IDS Co., Ltd. – Hall 1/1-205
- Topic Embedded Products – Hall 1/220, Hall 1/1-205
- Xylon – Hall 1/1-205
Alliance Program Certified Members
- Avnet Memec-Silica – Hall 1/1-370
- DAVE Embedded Systems – Hall 4/481
- Enclustra GmbH – Hall 1/101
- Missing Link Electronics – Hall 2/421
- SoC-e – Hall 1/1-205
- Trenz Electronic GmbH – Hall 1/208
- Alliance Program Members
- Analog Devices Inc. – Hall 5/5-328
- ARM – Hall 5/5-338
- Auviz Systems – Hall 1/1-205
- Ethernet Powerlink Standardization Group – Hall 5/271
- eSOL Company – Hall 4/157
- eVS Embedded Vision Systems – Hall 1/1-205
- HMS Industrial Networks – Hall 1/550
- iVeia – Hall 1/1-205
- Lauterbach GmbH – Hall 4/210
- Micrium – Hall 4/350
- NI – Hall 1/652
- Port GmbH – Hall 1/648
- Synopsys – Hall 4/360
- SYSGO – Hall 4/170
Alliance Associate Members
- aicas GmbH – Hall 4/370
- Antmicro Ltd. – Hall 4A-121
- dSPACE GmbH – Hall 4/316
- PFP Cybersecurity – Hall 1/1-205
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2016 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.