The Arty S7 board features new Xilinx Spartan-7 FPGA and is the latest member of the Arty family for Makers and Hobbyists.
The Spartan-7 FPGA offers the most size, performance, and cost-conscious design engineered with the latest technologies from Xilinx and is fully compatible with Vivado Design Suite. Putting this FPGA in the Arty form factor provides users with a wide variety of I/O and expansion options. Use the dual row Arduino® connectors to mount one of the hundreds of hardware compatible shields available, or use the Pmod ports with Digilent's pre-made Pmod IP blocks for a more streamlined design experience. Arty S7 was designed to be MicroBlaze ready and comes out of the box ready to use with the Xilinx free WebPack version of Vivado Design Suite.
Key Features and Benefits
- Expansion Connectors: 4 Pmod connectors, Arduino/chipKIT Shield connector
- Interaction and Sensory Devices: 4 Switches, 4 Buttons, 1 Board Reset Button, 1 FPGA Reset Button, 4 Green LEDs, 2 RGB LEDs
- System Connectivity: USB-UART Bridge
- Power: Powered from USB or any 7V-15V source
- USB-JTAG Programming circuitry (USB Micro cable required, NOT INCLUDED).
- 100 MHz External Clock
- 128 Mbits Quad-SPI Flash
- 256 MB DDR3L with a 16-bit bus @ 650 MHz
- Programmable over JTAG and Quad-SPI Flash
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter (XADC)
- Internal clock speeds exceeding 450MHz;
- DSP Slices: 120
- Clock Management Tiles: 5
- Block RAM (Kbits): 2,700
- Flip-flops: 65,200
- Slices: 8,150
- Logic Cells: 52,160
- 1 MSPS On-chip ADC
- FPGA Part: XC7S50-CSGA324