The Spartan®-6 FPGA SP605 Evaluation Kit delivers all the basic components of hardware, design tools, IP, and reference designs enabling development right out of the box. This kit provides a flexible environment for system design and provides pre-verified reference design and examples on how to leverage features such as high-speed serial transceivers, PCI Express®, DVI, and/or DDR3. This kit includes an industry-standard FMC (FPGA Mezzanine Card) connector for future scaling and customization to specific applications and markets.
- ROHS compliant SP605 Base Board including the XC6SLX45T-FGG484 -3C FPGA
Tools & IP
- ISE Design Suite: Logic Edition (Device-locked to the Spartan-6 LX45T FPGA)
Targeted Reference Design(s) and Demo(s)
- Base Reference Design – Design that includes gigabit host communication, DDR3 memory interface, example programmable processing and serial loopback optimized for the Spartan-6 FPGA family.
- Base Reference Design Interface and Demonstration – Evaluate different implementations and see results in this convenient, easy to use interface
Example Design(s) and Demo(s)
- Board Diagnostic Demo
- ChipScope Pro Serial IO Toolkit IBERT Transceiver Test Design
- Multi Boot Reference Design, featuring fail safe
- PCI Express Gen 1 (x1) Test Design
- DDR3 Memory Interface Design
- Hardware Setup Guide – Easy to follow instructions for getting your development board up and running in minutes so you can begin evaluation
- Getting Started Guide – Complete instructions enabling you to evaluate and modify designs included in your evaluation kit.
- Hardware Users Guide – Detailed guide providing information about the hardware included in your kit.
- Reference Design and Example User Guide – Instructions for using the included reference design and design examples included in your kit.
- Schematics and PCB files – Information you need to accelerate layout and development of your board based upon best practices.
Cables & Adapters
- Universal 12V power supply
- Two USB cables – enabling BIST and device configuration
- One Ethernet cable – host communication to the base reference design interface
- One DVI-VGA adapter – standard interface for video display
- FPGA: XC6SLX45T FGG484-3C Spartan-6
- Onboard JTAG configuration circuitry\
- 8MB Quad SPI Flash
- 32MB Parallel (BPI) Flash
- System ACE CF with 2GB CompactFlash (CF) Card
- 128MB DDR3 Component Memory
- 32MB Parallel (BPI) Flash (also available for configuration)
- 8Kb IIC EEPROM
- Communications and Networking
- 10/100/1000 Tri-Speed Ethernet
- SFP transceiver connector
- GTP port (TX, RX) with four SMA connectors
- USB to UART Bridge
- PCI Express x1 Edge Connector
- Expansion Connectors:
- FMC-LPC connector (1 GTP Transceiver, 68 single-ended or 34 differential user defined signals)
- User GPIO with two SMA connectors
- 4 User I/O (1x6 Header)
- 200 MHz Oscillator (Differential)
- 27 MHz Socketed Oscillator (Single-Ended)
- SMA Connectors for external clock (Differential)
- GTP Reference Clock port with 2 SMA connectors
- 4X Push Buttons
- 4X DIP Switches
- Power 12V wall adapter or ATX
- Voltage and Current measurement capability of 2.5V, 1.5V, and 1.2V supplies
If you have product or sales related questions, please check the FAQ. For all other inquiries, please open a Webcase.
Xilinx offers a 90-day limited warranty on this product. See Limited Warranty for detailed information.