The BA110 IP core is a JPEG 2000 hardware encoder dedicated to DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) and HD video applications. It performs the JPEG 2000 encoding on un-tiled large color frames with 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 sub-sampling. It generates streams compliant with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 specification (JPEG 2000).
The core performs the following video compression operations of the normalized encoding process: color transform (ICT/RCT), discrete wavelet transform (DWT), quantization, entropy encoding and rate allocation. It accepts pixels on its input interface with up to 12 bits per color components (up to 16 bits in lossless mode). It generates a j2c JPEG 2000 stream at its output interface.
The core is optimized for speed and is able to deal with the demanding DCI and HD processing requirements: it is able to provide a single-chip FPGA solution for all 2K@24 fps, 2K@48fps, 2K3D@24fps, 4K@24fps, 4K3D@24fps, 720p30/60, 1080i and 1080p30/60 distributions.
The flexible FPGA architecture allows the user to build a secure encoder by integrating Barco Silex cryptography encoders.
Key Features and Benefits
- Compliant with JPEG 2000 (ISO/IEC 15444-1) and DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) recommendation.
- Configurable encoded bit rate with 3 selectable regulation modes up to 250Mbps / 500Mbps / 1+Gbps / lossless.
- Flexible IP core with support for a wide range of JPEG 2000 options and easy to use interface for simple integration.
- Full-frame encoding (no tiling).
- Fully synchronous design.
- Multi-channel interface.
- Pixel depth up to 12 bits per color sample (lossless mode up to 16 bits).
- Single-chip FPGA solution for single-channel or multi-channel up to 4096x2160 (4K) resolution.
- XYZ, RGB, YUV (4:4:4 or 4:2:2) color spaces with support for ICT/RCT color transform.