The BA109 IP core is a JPEG 2000 hardware decoder dedicated to DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) and HD video applications. It decodes streams compliant with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 specification (JPEG 2000). It is compliant with the DCI recommendation for video coding. It performs JPEG 2000 decoding on un-tiled large color frames with 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sub-sampling.
The core performs the complete video decompression operations of the normalized decoding process: stream parsing and header decoding, entropy decoding, inverse quantization, inverse discrete wavelet transform (IDWT) and inverse color transform (ICT/RCT). It supports a JPEG 2000 j2c file at its input interface and generates decoded samples at its output interface with up to 12 bits per color component.
The core is optimized for speed and is able to deal with the demanding DCI and HD processing requirements: it is able to provide a single-chip FPGA solution for all 2K@24fps, 2K@48fps, 2K3D@24fps, 4K@24fps, 4K3D@24fps, 720p30/60, 1080i and 1080p30/60 distributions.
The flexible FPGA architecture allows the user to build a secure decoder by integrating Barco Silex cryptography decoders.
Key Features and Benefits
- Compliant with JPEG 2000 (ISO/IEC 15444-1) and DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) recommendation.
- Customizable input bit rate up to 250Mbps / 500Mbps / 1+Gbps / lossless.
- Full-frame decoding (no tiling).
- Fully autonomous decoder with automatic parameter extraction, thus requirering minimal user intervention.
- XYZ, RGB, YUV (4:4:4 or 4:2:2) color spaces with support for ICT/RCT color transform.
- Multi-channel interface.
- Pixel depth up to 12 bits per color sample (lossless mode up to 16 bits).
- Single-chip FPGA solution for single-channel or multi-channel up to 4096x2160 (4K) resolution.
- Fully synchronous design.