The AXI MCDMA facilitates large data migration, offloading the task from the embedded processor. It sits as an intermediary between an AXI Memory-Mapped embedded subsystem an AXI Streaming subsystem.
The MCDMA IP is full-duplex, scatter-gather, and supports up to 16 channels. It may be configured as weighted round robin or strict priority.
Key Features and Benefits
- 64-bit addressing
- Widths up to 1024 bits
- Scatter Gather Descriptors
- One Streaming interface, up to 16 Memory Mapped interfaces
- Full Duplex: Egress (Streaming to Memory Mapped) and Ingress (Memory Mapped to Streaming)
- Baremetal and Linux drivers
- Synchronous and Asynchronous clocking