Xilinx provides a DUC/DDC solution for LTE, TD-SCDMA and WCDMA that is low cost, low power and solves your time to market needs.
The Digital Up Converter (DUC) and Digital Down Converter (DDC) are two of the most fundamental building blocks in wireless communication systems. Although the algorithms are relatively simple, the number of system variations can be immense and a large time burden for hardware engineers today, especially when considering the rapid proliferation of new air interface standards and radio architecture requirements.
The DUC/DDC Compiler reduces implementation time by having prior knowledge of the most efficient implementation for a given set of requirements, before the implementation has been done. This not only results in a very efficient design, but a huge productivity increase over designing one by hand.
The DUC/DDC Compiler supports the following air interface standards:
Furthermore, high clock rates are achieved to ensure that filter folding and time division multiplexing greatly reduces the number of resources required versus lower performance FPGA devices.
Key Features and Benefits
- LTE support for 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20MHz, TD-SCDMA for 1.6MHz and WCDMA for 5MHz
- Supports up to 30 carriers per antenna path (depending on carrier bandwidth and air interface standard)
- Supports multiple antennas
- Supports DUC output sample rates ranging from 30.72MSPS to 245.76MSPS
- Supports DDC input sample rates ranging from 30.72MSPS to 184.32MSPS
- Programmable carrier spacing and position
- Supports Fs/4 down conversion in DDC
- Implementation options to configure clock rates, enable optional control signals and specify resource usage statistics
- Data interfaces support for AXI-4 Streaming
- Interface compliant with AMBA 3 APB Specification
- 'C' model simulation support