Obsoleted in 2019.1 and not recommended for new designs.
Relacement is the LogiCORE, Video Processing Subsystem which is a license free IP and bundled with Vivado.
Get to market quicker using very high quality video processing cores from Xilinx
Xilinx provides a very high quality Video Deinterlacer core to enable faster time-to-market
The Xilinx Video Deinterlacer converts live incoming interlaced video streams into progressive video streams. This process is performed in real time as the input video passes through the Video Deinterlacer. By definition, interlaced images have temporal motion between the two fields that comprise an interlaced frame. The conversion to a progressive format recombines these two fields into one single frame. The raw recombination of interlaced video streams results in unsightly motion artifacts in the progressive output image. For this reason, the Video Deinterlacer uses additional motion tracking and diagonal edge enhancement techniques to ensure that these artifacts are removed where possible. This results in a high-quality progressive output image.
Key Features and Benefits
- Supports a wide range of industry standard video encoding and packing methods, including:
- 8, 10 or 12 bits per pixel
- YUV or RGB color spaces (static or dynamically configurable)
- 4:2:0, 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 packing (static or dynamically configurable)
- Supports highly scalable resolutions from 128x128 up to 2048x2048, such as:
- Standard SD formats: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p
- Standard HD formats: 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Digital Cinema 2K
- All PC resolutions: e.g. 640x480, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1920x1200
- Supports progressive pass through, "Progressive Segmented Frames" (PSF) and "Pull down" encoded streams
- Highly configurable and can be optimized for the smallest FPGA footprint
- Supports easy integration with other Xilinx Video IP Cores including the OSD, VDMA and Video Scaler