Xilinx provides an interoperable SMPTE 2022-5,6 core to accelerate time to market and drive the convergence of broadcast and IP networks.
The SMPTE 2022-5,6 LogiCORE™ IP cores support multi-channel Tx and Rx of SD/HD/3G-SDI video over a 10Gb Ethernet network. The Tx and Rx cores support the proposed standard SMPTE 2022-6 High Bit Rate Media Transport over IP Networks, which describes the encapsulation and de-encapsulation of video to and from IP networks with RTP protocol. Additionally, the cores support Forward Error Correction (FEC) as described in proposed standard SMPTE 2022-5 Forward Error Correction for High Bit Rate Real-Time Video/Audio Transport over IP. The cores can be integrated into your system along with Triple-Rate SDI, XAUI, AXI Memory Controller and 10Gb Ethernet MAC cores through a SMPTE2022 reference design provided separately.
Key Features and Benefits
- Supports multiple channels of SD/HD/3G-SDI
- SMPTE 2022-6 packetization and de-packetization support with automatic recognition of SDI format to be packetized
- SMPTE 2022-5 FEC support with block aligned and non block aligned matrices
- IP firewall and handshaking of standard IP protocols
- Handles SD/HD/3G outages during IP transmission as well as IP packet drops and out-of-order packet handling for IP reception
This IP Core has been discontinued. Effective Date: 5/24/2017
Not recommended for new designs. The core is removed from IP catalog as of 2017.2. Please contact Macnica Technology, our IP partner, for available alternative IP.
- Timestamp generation and extraction
- Stream monitoring and selection of FEC matrix parameters on a stream by stream basis
- The standard SMPTE2022 IP licence covers both the Tx and Rx IP cores as well as the 10Gb Ethernet MAC IP core
- Supports SMPTE 2022-7 Seamless Protection Switching