SMPTE 2022-5,6 Video Over IP
Xilinx provides an interoperable SMPTE 2022-5,6 core to accelerate time to market and drive the convergence of broadcast and IP networks.
The SMPTE 2022-5,6 LogiCORE™ IP cores support multi-channel Tx and Rx of SD/HD/3G-SDI video over a 10Gb Ethernet network. The Tx and Rx cores support the proposed standard SMPTE 2022-6 High Bit Rate Media Transport over IP Networks, which describes the encapsulation and de-encapsulation of video to and from IP networks with RTP protocol. Additionally, the cores support Forward Error Correction (FEC) as described in proposed standard SMPTE 2022-5 Forward Error Correction for High Bit Rate Real-Time Video/Audio Transport over IP. The cores can be integrated into your system along with Triple-Rate SDI, XAUI, AXI Memory Controller and 10Gb Ethernet MAC cores through a SMPTE2022 reference design provided separately.
Key Features & Benefits
- Supports multiple channels of SD/HD/3G-SDI
- SMPTE 2022-6 packetization and de-packetization support with automatic recognition of SDI format to be packetized
- SMPTE 2022-5 FEC support with block aligned and non block aligned matrices
- IP firewall and handshaking of standard IP protocols
- Handles SD/HD/3G outages during IP transmission as well as IP packet drops and out-of-order packet handling for IP reception
- Timestamp generation and extraction
- Stream monitoring and selection of FEC matrix parameters on a stream by stream basis
- The standard SMPTE2022 IP licence covers both the Tx and Rx IP cores as well as the 10Gb Ethernet MAC IP core
- Supports SMPTE 2022-7 Seamless Protection Switching
This IP Core has been discontinued. Effective Date: 5/24/2017
Not recommended for new designs. The core is removed from IP catalog as of 2017.2. Please contact Macnica Technology, our IP partner, for available alternative IP.
Tools and Device Support
Device Family Support:
Design Tools Support:
- Status: Discontinued
- Part Number: