Included with CAN IP Solutions.
The Controller Area Network (CAN) LogiCORE™ IP product provides a control interface to internal registers via a 32-bit Processor Local Bus (PLB) Version 4.6 as described in the IBM CoreConnect™ 128-Bit Processor Local Bus, Architectural Specification Version 4.6. This PLB slave interface supports single beat read and write data transfers (no burst transfers).
Key Features and Benefits
- Conforms to the ISO 11898 -1, CAN 2.0A, and CAN 2.0B standards
- Supports Industrial (I) and Extended Temperature Range (Q) grade device support
- Supports both standard (11-bit identifier) and extended (29-bit identifier) frames
- Supports bit rates up to 1 Mbps
- Transmit message FIFO with a user-configurable depth of up to 64 messages
- Transmit prioritization through one High-Priority Transmit buffer
- Automatic re-transmission on errors or arbitration loss
- Receive message FIFO with a user- configurable depth of up to 64 messages
- Acceptance filtering (through a user-configurable number) of up to 4 acceptance filters
- Sleep Mode with automatic wakeup
- Loop Back Mode for diagnostic applications
- Maskable Error and Status Interrupts
- Readable Error Counters