From the Xilinx Intellectual Property Catalog, users can locate plug-and-play IP cores that are ready to deploy within the Zynq™-7000 family programmable logic. These IP cores transform Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC (AP SoC) into a custom device comprised of interfaces, accelerators, and IP that are needed in specific designs.
The pre-validated plug-and-play IP cores are grouped into several different classes according to general function, including:
- Broadcast - Accelerators and peripherals optimized for video and broadcast industry including: CODECs, filters, scalers, image enhancement, analog and digital interfaces, and much more.
- Communications and Networking - Accelerators and peripherals meeting the needs of 3G, LTE and 4G wired and wireless network applications including: peripheral interfaces like XAUI, Interlaken, RGMII, ATA, SDIO, USB; dozens of DSP functions and encoders/decoders including FFT, AES & DES, Viterbi, Reed-Solomon; Ethernet interfaces from 1G to 10G, 40G and even 100G.
- Interconnect Infrastructure - IP blocks for interconnection of Zynq-7000 AP SoC internal and off-chip connections including: AXI4, AXI-4 Stream, AXI4-Lite; DMA; AXI Video; and AHB bridges.
- Embedded Processing - IP cores for peripherals and accelerators that can be dedicated to the Zynq-7000 SoC ARM-based processing system, or dedicated to a custom Xilinx MicroBlaze™ microprocessor design residing wholly in the programmable logic.
- Memory Interface and Storage - AXI4-based IP blocks optimized for the generation of custom memory blocks including: Distributed and Block memory; RAM; ROM; FIFO; and Memory Interface and Control.
- FPGA Features and Debug - IP blocks which allow hardware configuration and debug of any signal or bus within the Zynq-7000 AP SoC programmable logic.
- Digital Signal Processing - DSP-related functions and algorithms including encoders, decoders, FFT, image enhancement, and signal decode.
Additional embedded cores supporting a broad range of Xilinx devices can be found in the Xilinx Embedded Processing IP catalog.