Multiple sheets exist in one level of hierarchy, and I would like to connect nets across them. How do I accomplish this? Are I/O Markers required?
You can connect nets across sheets by giving the nets the same name. I/O Markers are not needed unless hierarchy is involved.
To give nets the same name:
1. Select Add -> Net Name from the menu, or click the "Add Net Name" toolbar icon.
2. Type a net name into the empty Options box.
3. Click any nets that you want to assign this name.
4. Repeat for all other net names.
NOTE: To create multiple sheets for a schematic, do the following:
1. Right-click in an open area of the schematic.
2. Select "Object Properties."
3. In the Schematic Properties window, select "New."
4. Select the desired sheet size, then click "OK" -> "OK" -> "Yes."