How do I program the System ACE once I have the MPM file in Impact?
Follow these steps to program the System ACE MPM:
1. Generate the .mpm file by following the steps listed at:
2. Set iMPACT back to configuration mode:
Mode -> Configuration Mode
3. Initialize the chain to detect the MPM device by selecting File -> Initialize Chain.
- An XC18V01 should appear, followed by an MPM device.
4. Associate files with the devices:
- Select the "$xilinx\xc18v00\data\xc18v01.bsd" file for the 18V01 PROM;
- Select the ".mpm" file from Step 1 for the MPM device.
5. Right-click on the MPM device and select "Program".
The device will now configure correctly.