System Generator (SysGen) fails to install and reports an error specifying that it cannot run ./unzip.exe on rtf.zip, xtremedspkit.zip, *.jar, doc.zip.
Please make sure that there are no spaces in the MATLAB, Xilinx, or the SysGen install path.
C:\Program Files\Xilinx is not a valid install for the Xilinx software.
C:\Xilinx is a valid install for the Xilinx software.
C:\Program Files\MATLAB6p5 is not a valid install for the MathWorks MATLAB software.
C:\MATLAB6p5 is a valid install for the MathWorks MATLAB software.
Make sure that the System Path is in your PATH environment variable:
Also, make sure that the TEMP and TMP environment variables do not have spaces in their paths. If these environment variables are not set, set them to the following:
If you have checked and corrected these paths and you still receive the same error message, perform the following steps:
1. Unzip the installer to a location with no spaces in the path.
2. Run MATLAB and browse to the location that you selected in the previous step.
3. Enter the following command at the MATLAB command prompt to open the installation GUI:
4. Before proceeding, use Windows Explorer to browse to the location that is pointed to by your TEMP environment variable and locate the Sysgeninstall* folder (where "*" is a number). Open this folder. Copy the "unzip.exe" file from "%XILINX%/bin/nt" to this temporary folder.
5. Return to MATLAB and continue with the SysGen installation.
For other troubleshooting techniques, Please see (Xilinx Answer 19990).