This Answer Record describes improvements made for the PLB Gigabit Ethernet MAC in EDK 6.1i Service Pack 2.
In EDK 6.1i SP2, the following enhancements have been made to the PLB Gigabit Ethernet software:
Software Layer 1 driver version 1.00e
- Allows a user to optionally disable the SG END interrupt.
- Changes the Rx/Tx SG DMA callbacks so that they are invoked once for all packets received (instead of once for each packet).
New Gigabit Ethernet VxWorks adapter (Layer 2 driver) version 1.00c performance enhancements
- Packet processing is moved to the task level (for SG DMA).
- IOCTL commands to change packet threshold settings are added.
- Caching is enabled for frame buffers.
These fixes are contained in the latest 6.1i EDK Service Pack, available at:
The first service pack containing the fix is EDK 6.1i Service Pack 2.