If targeting a XC3S1200E or a XC3S1600E and Data2MEM is used after BitGen to initialize memory, the programmed memory contents will be incorrect.
Post BitGen Data2MEM, however, works fine for the XC3S100E, XC3S250E, and the XC3S500E.
To work around this problem:
1. Right-click on Generate Programming File and select Properties...
2. In the Other Bitgen Command Line Options data entry field, insert -bd <file>.elf
3. Click OK.
1. Open up the "bitgen.ut" file.
2. Add the line: -bd ../<SoftwareApplication>/<executable>.elf
3. Save and close the "bitgen.ut" file.
NOTE: You must compile the software before generating the bitstream.
This issue will be fixed in 8.1i Service Pack 2, which is scheduled to be released in February, 2006.