This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE Ethernet 1000BASE-X PCS/PMA or SGMII v7.1 Core, which was released in 8.2i IP Update #1 and includes the following:
- New Features in v7.1
- Bug Fixes in v7.1
- Known Issues in v7.1
For installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 23479).
New Features in v7.1
- Support added for ISE 8.2i
- Updated Virtex-4 FX RocketIO attributes and clocking scheme for CES4
- Updated Virtex-4 RocketIO Reference clock to use 250 MHz clock. For more information, see (Xilinx Answer 23392).
Bug Fixes in v7.1
- CR 230658: SGMII at 10Mb/s can have overflow or underflow in Elastic Buffer
Symptom: when SGMII is used at 10Mb/s to connect two devices with 100 ppm clocks, there is potential for overflow or underflow in the RocketIO Elastic Buffer for both Virtex-II Pro and Virtex-4. The fix is implementing the elastic buffer in fabric. For more information, see (Xilinx Answer 23319).
- CR 226214: Corrected RocketIO attributes for comma detection
Symptom: the comma mask attribute used for Virtex-4 RocketIO is incorrect, but this will not actually affect operation. For more information, see (Xilinx Answer 23138).
- CR 232609: Update Virtex-4 GT11 reset logic to match latest Virtex-4 RocketIO Users Guide UG076 v3.0.
Symptom: Reset logic for GT11 should not be clocked off a clock generated from the GT11. The version 7.0 rev1 patch used TXOUTCLK1. This was resolved in v7.1 by moving all of the reset logic into the wrapper file and using the DCLK for the calibration block. The new reset logic uses separate reset modules for RX and TX reset.
Known Issues in v7.1
- The fabric elastic buffer fix for SGMII mentioned above will use additional logic. For more information, see (Xilinx Answer 23319).
- The fabric elastic buffer fix for SGMII mentioned above requires area constraints for Virtex-II Pro that will need to be modified based on the RocketIO location. For more information, see the User Guide.