This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE 10-Gigabit Ethernet MAC v8.1 Core which was released in 8.2i IP Update #2 and includes the following:
- New Features in v8.1
- Bug Fixes in v8.1
- Known Issues in v8.1
For installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 23831).
New Features in v8.1
Bug Fixes in v8.1
- Fixed Statistics problem when Custom Preamble Preservation mode enabled.
Known Issues in v8.1
1. If a control code is received within the last 7 bytes of a frame that does not cause the CRC check to fail, the frame will still be marked as good.
2. Multiple terminate codes at the end frame can corrupt an otherwise good frame.
To resolve issues #1 and #2 from the list of General Issues above, apply the following patch to the Xilinx ISE installation with 8.2i Service Pack 3 and IP Update #2:
Install the patch as follows:
1. Extract the contents of the ".zip" or "tar.gz" archive to the root directory of the Xilinx installation. Select the option that allows the extractor to overwrite all of the existing files and maintain the directory structure predefined in the archive.
Determine the Xilinx installation directory by entering the following at the command prompt:
UNIX or Linux
Determine the Xilinx installation directory by typing the following:
NOTE: You might be required to have system administrator privileges to install the patch.
2. After installing the patch, regenerate the LogiCORE 10-Gigabit Ethernet MAC v8.1 Core from CORE Generator. The core files produced will contain the fixes listed above.