This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v4.3 that was released in 8.2i IP Update 2, and includes the following:
- New Features in v4.3
- Bug Fixes in v4.3
- Known Issues in v4.3
For installation instructions and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 23831).
New Features in v4.3
-This release contains a major change to the hierarchy of the example design source code. The hierarchy change will allow users to more easily integrate the EMAC wrappers into their own design. The new hierarchy creates three levels of wrappers. Each level of hierarchy allows for different uses of the EMAC. Please see the Getting Started Guide for more information.
Bug Fixes in v4.3
- CR415454 : Moved the software driver to the newly created 'drivers' directory. This driver is available only when the core is created with the DCR bus enabled.
- CR415621: Updated the Users Guide with several minor changes.
Known Issues in v4.3
- When using Dual 1000BASE-X or SGMII if one MGT is not in use, both EMACs in the tile will be put in reset. This affects only v4.3 of the core due to the change to Analog CDR in the MGT. This has been fixed in v4.4 of the core available in 9.1i IP Update 1, March 2007.
- GUI Check boxes for In-band FCS Enable, VLAN Enable and Half-Duplex Enable are sometimes ignored/removed when generating core. This has been fixed in v4.4 of the core available in 9.1i IP Update 1, March 2007.
- In example functional simulation, some of signals added to waveform are incorrect and undefined. This has been fixed in v4.4 of the core available in 9.1i IP Update 1, March 2007.
- For Virtex-4 1000BASE-X or SGMII implementations, recommended GT11 attribute values for RXVCODAC_INIT and VCODAC_INIT for v4.3 with ACDR have changed. RXVCODAC_INIT and VCODAC_INIT should be changed from "0000000000" to "0000000101". This has been fixed in v4.4 of the core available in 9.1i IP Update 1, March 2007.