I am experiencing the following problems with the MultiPro Desktop Tool:
- iMPACT appears to hang during firmware update. When I close iMPACT or disconnect the cable, the cable is no longer recognized and the pod lights do not illuminate (Xilinx Answer 19511).
- Cable status LEDs blink and iMPACT reports over-current failure or invalid speed error (Xilinx Answer 20911).
- Simultaneous use of Serial/JTAG and SelectMap interface results in configuration failure (Xilinx Answer 20912).
- I am having trouble connecting to the MultiPRO cable in iMPACT.
- MultiPRO connects only in compatibility mode.
- MultiPRO returns errors during "Identify Chain" or "Program" operations.
- MultiPRO hangs during operations.
- Other connection or programming related problems.
An updated version of the MultiPRO firmware is available that should fix the problems listed above. The firmware update utility is available at: http://www.xilinx.com/txpatches/pub/utilities/fpga/multipro_firmware_utility_rev16.zip.