This Release Note and Known Issues Answer Record is for the LogiCORE PCI v3.161 released in 9.1i IP Update 1, and contains the following information:
- General Information
- New Features
- Bug Fixes
- Known Issues
For installation instructions, general CORE Generator known issues, and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 24307).
The LogiCORE PCI v3.161 supports only Virtex-4, Spartan-3, and older architectures. For Virtex-5 devices, use the v4.2 PCI Core. For more information on this core, refer to (Xilinx Answer 24606).
New licenses are required for the v3.161 Core in 9.1i IP Update 1 CORE Generator. For more information, see (Xilinx Answer 24718).
- See (Xilinx Answer 22921) for general information regarding timing closure in Virtex-4 devices.
-Supports ISE 9.1i SP1
-Supports Spartan-3E XC3S500EFT256 and XC3S1200EFT400 at 66 MHz
-Supports Spartan-3A XC3S1400AFG484 at 33 MHz and 66 MHz
-Requires updated license key for CORE Generator
- CR 421582: Fixed licensing error: "License Status: Valid License for feature pci32_vx_v3_0 not found."
- Refer to the release notes text file delivered with the core for known issues at the time of the release.
- See (Xilinx Answer 24392) regarding an error displayed about release notes not found when generating a PCI 64-bit Core.
- See (Xilinx Answer 25023) for information regarding Spartan-3A designs failing timing in 9.1i sp3.