This Release Notes and Known Issues Answer Record is for the LogiCORE Endpoint PIPE v1.7 for PCI Express released in 9.1i IP Update 3, and contains the following information:
- General Information
- New Features
- Bug Fixes
- Known Issues
For installation instructions, general CORE Generator known issues, and design tools requirements, see (Xilinx Answer 24847).
- CR 432373: Fixed issue where the ACK/NAK latency timer did not update correctly if maximum payload size is modified by a configuration write.
- CR 432372: Fixed issue where if the core is put in a non-D0 state, the user can still return a completion to a previous configuration read to the user configuration space. Previously, core did not exit L1 to do this and waited on the link partner to initiate recovery. The core now initiates recovery from L1 if a pending completion needs to be sent out.
- Refer to the "readme_pci_express_pipe.txt" file (delivered with the core at the time of the release).
-Refer to the NXP data sheet for PX1011B errata items. PX1011B errata items are included in section 14 of the data sheet.
This data sheet is found at:
NXP Product Page:
(Xilinx Answer 24952) - LogiCORE Endpoint PIPE for PCI Express v1.6.1 - 9.1i SP2 Timing Analyzer GUI displays "Unexpected Error in index generation process near line 326 Offending index line is "2 353""
- When generating a core, CORE Generator will display "WARNING:coreutil - coreutil:39 - Parsing of check license val <> failed." This warning can be safely ignored. The core will still be generated.
- Readme file, "readme_pci_express_pipe.txt", lists the same issue in both the Bugs Fixed and the Known Issues sections. The problem is fixed and should not be listed under Known Issues. The issue is referred to as CR 432372 regarding returning completions to user configuration space reads when core is put in non-D0 state.
- See (Xilinx Answer 25362) regarding choosing more than 1 MSI vector in the CORE Generator GUI.
- Packets implementing Phantom Functions are not properly passed to the user application. If the function number field is anything other than 000, the TLP is discarded by the Endpoint PIPE core. A solution to this problem is under investigation.
- See (Xilinx Answer 29876) for additional UCF files not available in CORE Generator.
- See (Xilinx Answer 31290) for information regarding MAP error: "ERROR:Place:1018".
(Xilinx Answer 32296) - Core does not produce example design or simulation files when using VHDL
(Xilinx Answer 33549) - LogiCORE Endpoint PIPE v1.7 for PCI Express - Provided UCF and Avnet PCIe PIPE Starter Board might tie sys_reset_n to a 2.5 V SSTL bank instead of a 3.3V LVTTL bank
09/22/2009 - Added information about NXP Errata location; added AR 33549.
03/23/2009 - Added AR 32296.
09/09/2008 - Added AR 31290.
04/04/2008 - Added reference to AR 29876.