This Release Notes and Known Issues Answer Record is for the GTP Wizard, released in 9.2 IP2, and contains the following information:
- New Features
- Bugs fixed
- Known Issues
- Extended Virtex-5 LXT package support
Bugs Fixed in v1.7
- Changed OBSAI protocol setting to make ALIGN_COMMA_WORD = 2
- Changed PLL_SATA attribute to FALSE per Virtex-5 RocketIO GTP Transceiver User Guide (UG196) v1.4:
- This version provides a work-around for the Synplicity issue outlined in (Xilinx Answer 29248)
- This issue occurs because a new attribute (PCS_COM_CFG) is missing in the Synplicity release
- A work-around is provided by passing the attribute through the UCF file
- This issue will be fixed in Synplify v9.0
- This version has been tested with v8.9 of Synplify
- If you set the comma alignment smaller than the datapath width, incoming data can be aligned to multiple positions. The example design does not account for this and might indicate errors even though data is being received correctly.
- In the case of Clock correction, the GTP wrapper in the Example design is configured correctly, but the block RAM data does not have embedded Clock-correction characters.
- In ES silicon, the logic added to make TX timing more reliable, timing closure at fabric rates of 312.5 MHz and higher might require significant effort. For best results, use a 16- or 20-bit interface for line rates higher than 1.25 Gbps.
- RX buffer bypass in Oversampling mode is not supported.
- This release has been tested with v8.9 of Synplify.