I have an embedded design in which a ChipScope Core has been inserted. When I run the generate netlist command in XPS, I receive the following error message:
ERROR:MDT - chipscope_icon_0 (chipscope_icon) - Error Running ChipScope Core
Please check your setup to make sure that ChipScope is installed properly
and is available in the $PATH.
Error message : "couldn't execute
"c:\Xilinx\ChipScope_Pro_9_2i\bin\nt\generate.exe": no such file or
- Update the PATH environment variable to include the path to the ChipScope "generate.exe" executable path:
Create a registry entry key called CURRENTVERSION in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Xilinx\ChipScope" and set it to 9.2.
- Open the registry
- Open the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Xilinx\ChipScope
- right click on the right side of the registry window and select New >String Value
- Name the key CURRENTVERSION
- Close the registry
- Update the EDK ChipScope pcores to look for ChipScope 9.2 as the default version.