A patch is required to address issues found in CPRI v1.1.
The patch addresses critical issues, such as:
CR449561: Unreliable receive synchronization on fibre links longer than 15 Kilometers.
CR448949: GTP speed controller can no longer use PLL_TXDIVSEL_OUT and must use PLL_TXDIVSEL_COMM_OUT
A patch is available to fix the issues described in this Answer Record.
NOTE: You must apply this patch on ISE 9.2i after installing SP3 and IP Update #2.
The recommended order of installation is as follows:
- ISE 9.2i
- Service Pack 3 (for ISE 9.2i)
- IP Update #2 (for ISE 9.2i)
- CPRI_v1_1 patch #1
Download the CPRI patch at:
http://www.xilinx.com/txpatches/pub/swhelp/coregen/cpri_v1_1_patch1.tar.gz (for Linux or UNIX)
To install the patch, follow these steps:
1. Close the CORE Generator and other ISE applications.
2. Extract the contents of the ".zip" or ".tar.gz" archive to the root directory of the Xilinx ISE installation (i.e., C:\Xilinx). Select the option that allows the extractor to overwrite all of the existing files and maintain the directory structure predefined in the archive.
To determine the Xilinx installation directory, enter the following at the command prompt:
For UNIX or Linux:
3. After installing the patch, regenerate the LogiCORE CPRI v1.1 Core in CORE Generator. The core and supporting files produced will contain the fixes mentioned above. The Version Info will have a "Bug Fixes in v1.1 Patch 1" section that lists all the issues fixed in this patch.