The following patch is needed to address SPI-4.2 v8.4 source core issues. The patch will address the following two issues:
1. CR 453077: Source core has a problem sending out the last credit and EOP of the last packet written into the FIFO. The failure occurs when SrcBurstMode = 1, SrcBurstLen is greater than 256
2. CR 453079: The Source Overflow signal (SrcFFOverflow_n) is asserted without Almost Full signal (SrcFFAlmostFull_n) asserted. The failure occurs when SrcBurstMode=1, SrcBurstLen is greater than 256 and SrcAFThresAssert is smaller than SrcBurstLen.
NOTE: These two issues also exist in:
SPI-4.2 v 8.2 released with ISE 8.2i IP Update 2 in October 2006.
SPI-4.2 v 8.3 released with ISE 9.1i IP Update 1 in February 2007.
If you are currently using v8.2 or v8.3 of the SPI-4.2, please update to v8.4 core and apply the patch.
If you upgrade to v8.5 of the SPI-4.2, these two issues are fixed. Therefore, this patch is not necessary.
Cores affected are SPI-4.2 v8.2, v8.3 and v8.4 with the following settings in the XCO file.
CSET burst_size_in_credits= 256 and greater
It is possible to change these settings in the wrapper file. Look for the following settings:
SrcBurstLen = 256 and greater
SrcBurstMode = 1
SrcAFThresAssert = less than SrcBurstLen
To address these two issues, please install spi-42_v8_4_rev1 patch.
NOTE: You must apply this patch on ISE 9.2i after installing SP3 and IP Update #1 or #2.
The recommended order of installation is as follows:
- ISE 9.2i
- Service Pack 3 (for ISE 9.2i)
- IP Update #1 or #2 (for ISE 9.2i)
- SPI-4.2 v8.4 patch #1
Download the SPI-4.2 patch at:
http://www.xilinx.com/txpatches/pub/swhelp/coregen/spi42_v8_4_rev1.tar.gz (for Linux or UNIX)
To install the patch, follow these steps:
1. Close the CORE Generator and other ISE applications.
2. Extract the contents of the ".zip" or ".tar.gz" archive to the root directory of the Xilinx ISE installation (i.e., C:\Xilinx). Select the option that allows the extractor to overwrite all of the existing files and maintain the directory structure predefined in the archive.
To determine the Xilinx installation directory, enter the following at the command prompt:
For UNIX or Linux:
3. After installing the patch, regenerate the LogiCORE SPI-4.2 v8.4 Core in CORE Generator. The core and supporting files produced will contain the fixes mentioned above. The Version Info will have "Bug Fixes in v8.4 Rev 1" section which lists the issues fixed in this patch.