Are the RoHS kit drivers backwards-compatible with the non-RoHS kit? Can a RoHS compliant kit be used in the same computer as a non-RoHS compliant kit?
The older non-RoHS XtremeDSP Development Kit-IV has been replaced by an RoHS-compliant XtremeDSP Development kit. This new board requires separate drivers to operate.
To use both boards in the same computer, you must install the drivers for both boards, as follows:
1. Install the FUSE software.
2. Turn off computer.
3. Install XtremeDSP Development Kit-IV Kit non-RoHS compliant board.
4. Boot computer.
5. Point to the XtremeDSP Development Kit-IV Kit non-RoHS compliant board drivers, when requested.
6. Turn off computer.
7. Remove the non-RoHS compliant kit.
8. Install XtremeDSP Development Kit-IV Kit RoHS compliant board.
9 Boot computer.
10. Point to the XtremeDSP Development Kit-IV Kit RoHS compliant board drivers, when requested.
You can now turn off the computer and install both boards in the same machine. When you reboot, you should be able to see and use both boards.