How can I monitor two PC boards with different JTAG chains? Can I use two USB cables on one PC using ChipScope?
I know it can be done with a Parallel Cable and a USB Cable. Is it possible to do this with two USB cables?
Yes, this is possible. Below are the steps:
1. Insert one USB cable to the PC, install the drivers, and connect the cable to the first board (JTAG chain).
2. Insert another USB cable, install the drivers once again, and connect the cable to another board (JTAG chain).
3. Invoke the first session of ChipScope Analyzer and it will default to Server Host:50001 and Port:USB21. Then Analyzer will find the devices on the first board.
4. Invoke another session of ChipScope Analyzer and manually set the Server Host to 50002 and set Port to USB22. Then Analyzer will find the devices on the other board.
5. If you have a third board and cable, Steps 2-4 can be repeated.