When trying to connect to a cable with ChipScope Pro on a Windows machine, I get the following error:
ERROR: Socket Open Failed. localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:50001
java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
ERROR: Failed to detect cable
How do I work around this issue?
This issue will occur on machines with IPV6 IP Addressing enabled. ChipScope Pro Analyzer uses the TCP/IP localhost loopback address. If IPV6 is enabled, ChipScope cannot use this address. To work around this issue you can add an IPV4 localhost loopback address. This will not affect your IPV6 addressing scheme.
1) Browse to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2) Right click "Notepad" and select "Run as administrator"
3) Click "Continue" on the UAC prompt
4) Click File -> Open
5) Browse to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc"
6) Change the file filter drop down box from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)"
7) Select "hosts" and click "Open"
8) Add the following line ?127.0.0.1 localhost? and close Notepad. Save when prompted.