Keywords: ngdbuild, constraints, file
Starting in 11.4 (planned to be released in early December), support for AUTOBUF will be decreased.
New behavior for 11.4 includes:
- Existing designs with the buffer will still work if the buffer_type was set in the RTL
- Designs that set the buffer_type via UCF will fail with an error message
- Documentation for AUTOBUF will be removed from the Libraries Guide
- XST will no longer infer the buffer-type
- The Language Templates in Project Navigator will no longer list the component
If you are planning a new design, please avoid using the AUTOBUF primitive and instead use the explicit buffers (BUFG, IBUF, BUFIO, etc.).