Synplify or Synplify Pro errors out with "invalid command name" when a command line switch is added using the "Other Synplify Command Line Options" in the synthesis options.
Project Navigator adds additional options to the ".prj" file and uses it with -batch switch instead of actually appending the option to the command line calling Synplify.
1. Click on the "Synthesize -Synplify Pro" icon under the Process window, and click menu "Process -> Process Properties".
2. In the pop-up window, from the pull-down of "Property Display Level", select "Advanced"
3. Click "Synthesis Options" under the "Category" section.
4. In the field "Other Synplify Command Line Options", type "-launchmode".
5. Right-click on the Icon "Synthesize -Synplify Pro", under the Process window, and select Run.
6. Synplify_Pro fails and opening stdout.log indicates the following:
"invalid command name "-launchmode"
Error: Project load failed."
This occurs because instead of passing the specified additional command line options to Synplify_pro, Project Navigator writes out these command line options in the <design-name>.prj file.
Project Navigator is behaving as designed. Options placed in this field do not appear on the command line for Synplify directly. Rather, they are passed to Synplify through the ".prj" file that Project Navigator creates.
For more details and other available preferences, refer to the Help documentation (select the option and press the F1 key).