Xilinx has identified a scenario where attempting to install ISEDesign Suite13.1 on Microsoft Windows 7 can result innot beingable to connect to the cable driver. In most of the currently identified scenarios, users who experience this issue had some prior release of the ISE design toolsinstalled on the machine (typically, one of the ISE 12.x tool releases).
Users have been able to work around this issue by following the steps below.
- Make sure that the USB pod is connected.
- Completely uninstall the current driver (e.g., that from the prior ISE tool release).
This should be done through the Device Manager (Start Menu -> right-click on Computer-> Properties -> Device Manager (upper left).
NOTE: It is important to ensure that Microsoft Windows performs a complete uninstall (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Confirm Device Uninstall dialog box
- After completely un-installing the driver, disconnect the USB pod from the computer.
- Run the "install_drivers.exe" program from <ISE_INSTALL_PATH>\bin\nt(64)\.
Note that, depending on user privileges, it might be necessary to right-click on the executable and select Run As Administrator.
- The "install_drivers.exe" program launches an MS-DOS command prompt window that closes automatically when finished. When it is finished, re-connect the USB pod to the computer and try again.
Alternatively, you might find a solution using (Xilinx Answer 44397).