Because the NCSim and VCS tools are not integrated into the Vivado Design Suite 2013.2 release, a scripted flow must be used to generate a simulation netlist from a managed IP project.
- This script will only work in Vivado 2013.2 release, and will not work with prior versions of the software tools.
- This script is meant to be used with a single source and simulation set project.
- This script must use the Synthesis Design Check Point IP option during output product generation!
- For more information on IP Flows, see UG896, Designing with IP.
- For more information on Vivado simulation, see UG900, Logic Simulation.
The script provided is a Tcl script to be used in the 2013.2 Vivado Design Suite. This script will perform the following actions:
- Locates the Synthesis DCP (Design Check Point) for all IP in the managed IP project
- Opens the DCP and creates a simulation netlist for each IP
- Provides a file list of all netlists generated from the managed IP project.
To run the script do the following:
- Open the Vivado managed IP project
- Generate the IP
- Place the Tcl script in the project directory, or other convenient location. A specific location is not required.
- Run the Tcl script from the Tcl console with the following command: source <path>/IES_ip_file_generator.tcl
- This will produce the filelist.f file in the present working directory.
- Use the vcs.bash as an example of how to run the VCS simulation with the generated file list.