My design was created in pld_da using A1.5i libraries, but I am now using the 2.1i libraries. I opened the schematic and was able to view all the components. Since nothing changed in my design, the next step I performed was to run pld_men2edif, which resulted in errors similiar to the following:
"// Error: An instance in a model references part $LCA/spartanxl/gnd/part interface gnd which cannot have its pins mapped to the new superseding interface (from: DDMS/EDDM/EDDM General 18)
// Error: An instance in a model references part $LCA/spartanxl/vcc/part interface vcc which cannot have its pins mapped to the new superseding interface (from: DDMS/EDDM/EDDM General 18)"
In the A1.5i library the VCC and GND symbol pin names were VCC and GND, but now in 2.1i the pin names have changed
to P and G. So the schematic sheets that include any VCC or GND components must be updated by performing the following from within pld_da:
1. Right-click in the pld_da session window (the window behind the schematic, if the schematic is open). You might have to resize or minimize the schematic window.
2. Choose the Update Design option.
3. Either enter in the top level name in the "Enter Top level design name" dialog box, or use the Navigator button to select it.
4. Click OK to proceed with updating the design.
5. Check the design.
6. Save the updated design.
7. Re-run pld_men2edif. This should finish without errors.