Embedded System Design Flow on Zynq using Vivado
|Course Description||This course provides professors with an introduction to embedded system design flow on Zynq using ZedBoard and Xilinx Vivado® design software suite.|
|Who should attend?||Professors who are familiar with Xilinx All Programmable technology and wish to get up to speed with SoC-based embedded systems design using Zynq.|
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Rapidly architect an embedded system targeting the ARM processor of Zynq located on ZedBoard using Vivado and IP Integrator
- Extend the hardware system with Xilinx provided peripherals
- Create a custom peripheral and add it to the system
- Write a software application to access peripherals
- Perform IP-level Bus Functional simulation verification
- Introduction to Embedded System Design using Zynq
- Lab 1: Simple Hardware Design
- Create a Vivado project and use IP Integrator to develop a basic embedded system for a target board.
- Zynq Architecture
- Extending the Embedded System into Programmable Logic
- Lab 2: Adding Peripherals in Programmable Logic
- Extend the hardware system by adding AXI peripherals from the IP catalog.
- Adding Your Own IP Peripheral
- Lab 3: Creating and Adding Your Own Custom IP
- Use the Manage IP feature of Vivado to create a custom IP and extend the system with the custom peripheral.
- Software Development Environment
- Lab 4: Writing Basic Software Applications
- Write a basic C application to access the peripherals.
- Software Development and Debugging
- Lab 5: Software Debugging Using SDK
- Use API to drive CPU's timer. Perform software debugging using SDK.