4K video is proving to be a popular technology with 4K TVs becoming widely available and aiming to offer consumers a more immersive viewing experience. However, building 4K systems is not straight forward. Standards are still emerging, whilst broadcasters are aiming to support as much 4K production as they can with existing infrastructure. In the pro A/V space, there’s an even larger demand as interactive displays require close-up viewing, and large scale LED walls are replacing printed advertising.
The Real-Time Video Engine is an All Programmable video system reference design that integrates the Omnitek Scalable Video Processor (OSVP) and is targeted at applications that require high quality multichannel HD and 4K video processing. Delivering a comprehensive framework for accelerating the design, evaluation, optimization and implementation of video processing and display applications, the RTVE and OSVP on Xilinx FPGAs and SoCs offer the only real commercially viable option to replace typical HD video processor ASSPs which are limited in terms of roadmap, functionality and flexibility.
- Support for video resolutions up to 4K 60Hz (120Hz coming soon!)
- 6-axis YUV/RGB colour correction, brightness and saturation level control, and hue rotation
- Motion- and/or Edge-adaptive de-interlacing with best-in-class low-angle handling
- Noise reduction
- Resize and crop with image sharpening/smoothing
- 3:2 and 2:2 film cadence detection and processing
- Interlaced, progressive and segmented frame (PsF) support
- 8-, 10- or 12-bit YUV and RGB colour in 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 formats
- Combined video outputs with graphic overlay support
- Asynchronous input and output timing with frame synchronization
- Frame synchronous transitions when changing video standards
- Integrated with Xilinx connectivity cores for UHD-SDI, DisplayPort 1.2 (and HDMI coming soon)
- AXI4-Stream interfaces for video; AXI4-MM to SDRAM controller; AXI4-Lite to control registers