Xilinx provides customers with component failure analysis service, where appropriate, to help improve the quality and reliability of Xilinx and customer products and manufacturing processes. To submit an RMA request please log into the Service Portal and choose one of the following options.
- Electrical Failure: Functionality issue found after reflow. This includes devices not functioning to specifications, such as electrical and programming failures
- Visual Mechanical: Issue found before reflow (physical defects). To be considered for a return you may not use or mount these obviously damaged parts.
- Administrative Returns: Issue found at Receiving / Incoming Inspection (Quantity, Labeling, Packaging issues)
Xilinx will confirm receipt of your request upon submission and a Customer Quality Engineer (CQE) will be assigned as your main case contact.
- The CQE team determines if the request warrants analysis. You may be asked to provide further information regarding device failure.
For Functional Electrical RMA Analysis Requests, if possible, DO NOT REMOVE THE FAILED PART before engaging with Xilinx via a Service Request for technical review.
Development System Products
Xilinx development tools may be purchased at a number of locations such as a Distributor.
To return or exchange Xilinx development tools, please contact the source where the product was purchased.
For software technical support, you can access Xilinx self-service tools 24/7 at www.xilinx.com/support.
Board, Development Kit and Cable Returns
For boards or cables purchased through normal distribution channels including the Avnet Online Store, please contact your distributor for assistance with the RMA process.
For boards or cables purchased through the Xilinx Online Store or as a Xilinx XDF customer, please select “Returns” from the Service Portal. A Xilinx Representative will contact you shortly regarding the next steps in the process.
Please note the following warranty periods and exclusions before requesting a return:
Loaner boards or cables not originally purchased or never officially for sale are not eligible for return or exchange.
Development Systems products, including boards and other development kits and cable are subject to the below warranty periods:
- 90 days upon shipment from Xilinx to the Xilinx direct fulfillment or Xilinx Online Store customer
- 90 days upon shipment from a Xilinx distributor to the distributor’s end customer