Xilinx, NGCodec and VYUSync collectively have assembled a high performance, easy to use video transcoding package that anyone with FFmpeg experience can use and evaluate. This solution delivers a real-time H.264 to either HEVC or VP9 ABR package that is built on the Xilinx 16nm UltraScale™ architecture in a COTS PCIe form factor.
Key Features and Benefits
- Quick evaluation using Xilinx Alveo™ U200 Data Center Accelerator Card
- High performance HEVC & VP9 encoders
- Easy programming with FFmpeg integration
- Fully configured transcoding pipeline
- Highest Quality live encoding (equal to x265 slow preset)
- Xilinx FPGA accelerated encoding with no host CPU requirements
- 32 simultaneously independent encoded streams on a single Xilinx device
- Simple API based on industry FFmpeg standard
Accelerator Card Support
Access the GitHub
The Xilinx GitHub is the place to go to find documentation and installation instructions for the package files shown below.
Package Files for the ABR Video Transcoding Application
Download and install the Xilinx Runtime and Shell Interface Packages for your Alveo U200 Data Center accelerator card.
Download the Xilinx Runtime
The Xilinx runtime (XRT) is a low level communication layer (APIs and drivers) between the host and the card.
IMPORTANT: Please enter the following command before installing the XRT:
$ sudo yum-config-manager --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
$ sudo yum install -y https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm
$ sudo yum install epel-release
Download the Deployment Shell
The deployment shell is the communication layer physically implemented and flashed into the card.