The logi3D Scalable 3D Graphics Accelerator IP core is the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) specifically designed for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoC. The logi3D enables designers to add attractive 2D and 3D graphics, including advanced Graphical User Interfaces (GUI), to their Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoC.
This high performing 3D GPU can be implemented with other soft IP cores in Zynq-7000 SoC programmable logic and interfaced with an industry-standard ARM dual-core Cortex-A9 MPCore processing system available on the same chip. Due to its AMBA AXI4 compliance the logi3D IP core can also be implemented in Xilinx 7 Series and other Xilinx FPGA families as a graphics coprocessor in various ASSP plus FPGA combinations.
The logi3D Scalable 3D Graphics Accelerator IP core is designed to support the OpenGL ES 1.1 API*. Xylon provides software support for Linux, Android and Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact operating systems.
* Product is based on published Khronos Specification, and is expected to pass the Khronos Conformance Testing Process. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance.
Key Features and Benefits
- The logi3D GPU can be used with different CPUs
- ARM Cortex-A9 CPU with NEON coprocessor run the geometry engine and optimizes the IP's size
- Programmable logic resource-effective 3D graphics acceleration
- Linux, Android and Windows Embedded Compact compatible
- Conformant to the AMBA AXI4 bus specifications from ARM
- Graphics accelerator IP designed to support the OpenGL ES 1.1 API (Common Profile)
- Supports Safety Critical OpenGL SC 1.0.1