This 2D graphics accelerator speeds up the most common GUI operations and off-loads the processor. The logiBITBLT transfers graphics objects from one part to another part of the system's on-screen or off-screen video memory, and performs different operations during transfers, such as ROP2 raster operations, bitmap scaling (stretching), Poerter & Duff compositing rules or transparency.
The logiBITBLT is fully embedded into Xilinx Vivado and ISE Design Suites and its integration with on-chip AMBA AXI-4 bus is very simple. Parametrizable VHDL design allows tuning of slice consumption and features set through an easy-to-use GUI interface. The logiBITBLT can be smoothly integrated with other logicBRICKS, Xilinx or third-party IP cores for building of high-class embedded graphics solutions.
Extensive software support for Linux and Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact operating systems, as well for no-OS operation, enables quick and efficient development through industry standard design flows. Free and pre-verified Xylon logicBRICKS reference designs for the most popular Zynq-7000 SoC based development kits enable developers to jump-start next designs and perform risk-free logicBRICKS evaluation.
Key Features and Benefits
- Integrated optional up/down bitmap scaling and flipping
- Supported image formats: RGB8, ARGB8, RGB16, ARGB16, RGB24 and ARGB24
- Color-keyed transparency, pixel alpha blending, anti-aliased 8-bit font expansion
- Available free reference design for development kits from Xilinx and Avnet Electronics Marketing
- Software drivers for Linux and Microsoft WEC OS
- Supports move operations in positive and negative directions
- Supports 16 different ROP2 raster operations
- Configurable Big/Little Endianess and continuous/array image addressing modes