AVB/Automotive Ethernet Switch (AVBES) IP Core implements an Ethernet switch which supports all AVB conforming standards. It can be implemented optimally depending on the application, from a simple 2-ports end-point to a complex multiport switch.
The current release of AVBES IP supports 802.1AS for timing and synchronization, 802.1Qav allowing credit-based shaper traffic and strict priority traffic. In order to manage network resources, AVBES supports also 802.1Qat, Stream Reservation Protocol.
AVBES IP can be optimally implemented on Xilinx SoC devices. As an example, targeted devices are Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoC and Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC. These powerful platforms offer combined hardware and software processing capabilities and they ensure upgradeability of the solution thanks to their reconfigurable nature.
AVBES IP can be evaluated using the AVBES Kit and can be combined with SoC-e Multiport FMC Board to offer a complete solution to automotive market.
Key Features and Benefits
- Broadcast/Multicast Storm Protection
- Configurable 3 to 32 Ethernet ports
- Different data rate (10/100/1000 Mbps) for each port
- Dynamic MAC Table with automatic MAC addresses learning and aging (up to 4096 entries)
- Full-Duplex Ethernet 10/100/1000
- IEEE 802.1AS for Time Synchronization Layer
- IEEE 802.1Qat for Stream Reservation Protocol (SRP) - Network resources management
- IEEE 802.1Qav for Forwarding and Queuing for Time-Sensitive Streams (FQTSS) - Credit Based Shaper: Configurable bandwidth reservation for each traffic class
- Jumbo Frame Management
- MDIO, UART, AXI4-lite or CoE (Configuration-over-ethernet) management interfaces
- MII/RMII/GMII/RGMII/SGMII/QSGMII/USXGMII interfaces for attaching to an external Physical Layer device (PHY)
- Port-based VLAN support
- Static MAC Table (up to 4096 entries)
- Full-duplex 2.5/5/10 Gbps Ethernet Uplink Interfaces
- Per-Port Rate limiting (Broadcast, Multicast and Unicast traffic)