The VIPP package and its cores are in maintenance mode and not recommended for new designs. For all new designs, users are recommended to use Video Processing Subsystem.
The Chroma Resampler LogiCORE IP converts video data between commonly used chroma formats.
The Chroma Resampler core converts between chroma formats of 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0. There are six conversions available for the three supported formats. Conversion is achieved using a FIR filter approach. Some conversions require filtering in only the horizontal dimension, vertical dimension, or both. Interpolation operations are implemented using a two-phase polyphase FIR filter. Decimation operations are implemented using a low-pass FIR filter to suppress chroma aliasing.
Key Features and Benefits
- Supports conversion between YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0
- Image edges padded to eliminate edge artifacts
- Supports Progressive or Interlaced Video
- Programmable clipping and clamping of output results
- Three resampling options allow resource utilization trade-off
- Supports 8, 10 and 12-bits per color component input and output
- Supports spatial resolutions from 32x32 up to 7680x7680
- Supports 1080P60 in all supported device families
- Supports 4kx2k @ 24 Hz in supported high performance devices