Obsoleted in 2019.1 and not recommended for new designs.
Relacement is the LogiCORE, Video Processing Subsystem which is a license free IP and bundled with Vivado.
The Chroma Resampler LogiCORE IP converts video data between commonly used chroma formats.
The Chroma Resampler core converts between chroma formats of 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0. There are six conversions available for the three supported formats. Conversion is achieved using a FIR filter approach. Some conversions require filtering in only the horizontal dimension, vertical dimension, or both. Interpolation operations are implemented using a two-phase polyphase FIR filter. Decimation operations are implemented using a low-pass FIR filter to suppress chroma aliasing.
Key Features and Benefits
- Supports conversion between YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0
- Image edges padded to eliminate edge artifacts
- Supports Progressive or Interlaced Video
- Programmable clipping and clamping of output results
- Three resampling options allow resource utilization trade-off
- Supports 8, 10 and 12-bits per color component input and output
- Supports spatial resolutions from 32x32 up to 7680x7680
- Supports 1080P60 in all supported device families
- Supports 4kx2k @ 24 Hz in supported high performance devices