The On-Screen Display LogiCORE IP block provides alpha blending and compositing of multiple video streams/graphics layers. The core also includes internal simple text and graphics generation.
The Xilinx On-Screen Display LogiCORE™ IP provides for basic video overlay and blending functions for video systems. The core provides support for up to eight layers using a combination of external inputs (from frame buffer) and internal graphics controllers (including text generator and filled and outlined transparent boxes). The core is fully programmable including background color, layer position, size and z-plane order.
Key Features and Benefits
- Configurable alpha-blending layer compositor supporting up to 8 video/graphics layers
- Graphics controller generating filled and outlined transparent boxes or text
- Configurable internal text string memory with 1-bit or 2-bit per pixel color depth and scaling text by 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x
- Configurable internal font memory for 8x8 or 16x16 pixel fixed distance fonts
- Programmable layer position, size and z-plane order
- Supports RGB, RGBA, YUV-4:4:4, YUVa-4:4:4, YUV-4:2:2, YUVa-4:2:2, YUV-4:2:0, YUVA-4:2:0 (all layers must be the same color space)
- Supports 8, 10, and 12-bits per color component input and output
- Supports spatial resolutions up to 4096x4096
- Supports 1080P60 in all supported device families