The LogiCORE, Video Mixer will be a license free IP and bundled with Vivado in 2018.3.
The Xilinx® LogiCORE™ IP Video Mixer enables users to mix video layers. The LogiCORE is successor to LogiCORE On-screen Display currently in maintenance mode. Each layer can be up to 4K resolution and allows mixing of up to 8 streaming or memory layers. An additional layer for logo insertion is allowed from block ram.
Key Features and Benefits
- Supports (per pixel) alpha-blending of eight video/graphics and logo layers
- Optional logo (in block RAM (BRAM)) layer with color transparency support
- Layers can either be memory mapped AXI4 interface or AXI4-Stream
- Provides programmable background color
- Provides programmable layer position and size
- Provides scaling of layers by 1x, 2x, or 4x
- Optional built-in color space conversion
- Supports RGB, YUV 444, YUV 422, YUV 420
- Supports 8, 10, 12, and 16 bits per color component input and output on stream
- interface, 8-bit and 10-bit per color component on memory interface
- Supports spatial resolutions from 64 × 64 up to 4,096 × 2,160
- Supports 4K 60 fps in all supported device families