Foundation: XC4000 CD4CLE macro counts independent of clock enable
The X4000U library macro CD4CLE (version 5.2.1) for the Foundation Schematic Capture program is implemented incorrectly. This macro is implemented correctly with every other family, except for the XC4000 family. The problem can cause it to continue counting when the CE pin is inactive.
If you want this functionality you can copy the CD4CLE macro from the X4000EU library:
1. In the Foundation Project Manager, select Applications-> Library Manager.
2. Scroll down and double-click on the X4000EU library. In the object list, select the CD4CLE macro.
3. In the Library Manager, select Object->Copy. Select your project library as the destination and click Copy. Click Close to close the X4000EU library.
4. Double-click on your project library to open it. Select the CD4CLE macro.
5. In the Library Manager, select Object->Rename. Rename the macro (this is to prevent possible problems during design translation and implementation).
6. Close the Library Manager.
7. Open the Schematic Editor and select File->Update Libraries.