What are the specifications and dimensions for the pins and connectors on the Parallel Cable IV? (I need this information so that I can include an interface on my PC boards in order to connect the cables to the board.)
An insulation displacement (IDC) ribbon cable is supplied with the Parallel Cable IV.
- 14 conductor, 1.0mm center round conductor flat cable
- 28 AWG (7x36) stranded copper conductors
- Gray PVC with the Pin 1 edge marked
- The cable terminates on each end with 2 mm female polarized connectors.
- The contacts are beryllium copper-plated (30 micro inches of gold plating over 50 micro inches of nickel).
- The header will consist of 0.5 mm square posts placed on 2 mm centers (i.e., the posts are 2 mm apart in both rows and columns).
For more information on the Parallel Cable IV or the new ribbon cable connector, please download the data sheet from:
The flying wire connector (or header) can be purchased separately from the Xilinx Online Store.
The header to be used with this connector cable consists of .025" square gold-plated pins placed on .10" x .10" centers (i.e., the pins are 1/10" apart in both rows and columns).
Samtec is an available source for the square posts and header connectors:
Web site: http://www.samtec.com